News and Resources
30 November 2010
Help Your Managers Help Your People
Mental illness is a part of life. And it’s a part of your workplace.
Why Consider Optium’s Managing Mental Illness in the Workplace Program?
One in five Australians suffer from the symptoms associated with a common mental health disorder in a given year. So many of your company’s employees could be suffering from a condition like depression and/or anxiety, with or without your knowledge.
Optium’s one day training program is delivered on-site and is packed with practical exercises, case studies and role plays. Attendees will learn, in an accelerated manner, how to:
- Correct the misconceptions and stigma surrounding mental illness
- Recognise associated signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Become clear on roles, responsibilities, and the setting of boundaries
- Have successful conversations with those who require support
- Negotiate reasonable adjustments
- Gain the skills needed to manage affected employees
- Provide effective ongoing support to aid recovery
“It is one of those rare programs where managers are not being forced to attend but rather fighting to get a place” (Learning & OD Manager, DECCW).
Click on the download below to obtain a full picture of the program itself. Or if you’re interested in speaking with one of our consulants in person simply click here.Download here